Tuesday, July 15, 2008

WE HAVE THE CHOICE, WHICH WILL IT BE?

In this life, we are always having to make choices. Though some are not easy. If we do nothing, we have made a choice. So, we have to prayerfully consider, think what God has said and then act according.

Here are Just two such choices--Which one will you take???

THE DIETER'S PSALM

My appetite is my shepherd, I always want.
It maketh me sit down and stuff myself.
It leadeth me to my refrigerator repeatedly, sometimes during the night.
It leadeth me in the path of Burger King for a Whopper
It destroyeth my shape.
Yea, though I knoweth I gaineth, I will not stop eating.
for the food tasteth so good.
The ice cream and the cookies, they comfort me.
When the table is spread before me, it exciteth me.
For I knoweth that I sooneth shall dig in.
As I filleth my plate continuously. My clothes runneth smaller.
Surely bulges and pudgies shall follow me all the days of my life,
And I shall be "pleasingly pump" forever.

I don't know who wrote this poem.

Now here is your choice, the way before or this way!

PSALM 23---A PSALM OF DAVID

THE LORD IS my SHEPHERD; I SHALL NOT WANT.
HE MAKETH ME TO LIE DOWN IN GREEN PASTURES: hE LEADETH ME BESIDE THE STILL WATERS.
HE RESTORETH MY SOUL: HE LEADETH ME IN THE PATHS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS FOR HIS NAME SAKE.
YEA, THOUGH I WALK THROUGH THE VALLEY OF THE SHADOW OF DEATH, I WILL FEAR NO EVIL: FOR THOU ART WITH ME; THY ROD AND THY STAFF THEY COMFORT ME. THOU PREPAREST A TALBLE
BEFORE ME IN THE PRESENCE OF MINE ENEMIES: THOU ANNOINTEST MY HEAD WITH OIL: MY CUP RUNNETH OVER. SURELY GOODNESS AND MERCY SHALL FOLLOW ME ALL THE DAYS OF MY LIFE: AND I WILL DWELL IN THE HOUSE OF THE LORD FOREVER.

I will post again about this subject when I next post but please consider your two choices today. It doesn't have to be one of undisciplined behaviour even though that has often been my way over the years in this area of my life but it can be with the outlook that "THIS IS THE DAY THAT THE LORD HATH MADE; WE WILL REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT. PSALM 118:24. If God made this day and He is our Great Shepherd, He will give us all that we need to get through it with victory!!! We can make the right choice. connie

P.S. I feel the need to tell you that I write these kind of post because this is what I need and it is the failures that I have had. If in the process there is something here that is a benefit to one of you then I am happy. But I know what I need. I am probably older, much older than any of you, I have made many mistakes and have purposely over eaten at times in my life for which I am very sorry, now. I hope that my failures can keep you from going there and doing that. You are all young for the most part, you need to take care of your bodies, they will not take care of themselves. It is just like a child it will do what feel good, what looks good, what is good, without giving a thought to the effects of what they might eat over time. So God gave them parents. We have the Lord, if we would just listen to Him and do what He has told us to do, and use the power that He has given to us, if we are saved by His blood, then we will be alright. If we choose not to follow His ways on this journey then we will have high blood pressure, cancer, heart disease, diabetes,etc. I know, I have been there.

6 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Great post Connie. I think your blog should speak to you too especially a blog about weight loss.

I like your Goals and Goals Met in the side bar, very motivating!

TO BECOME said...

Dear Tori, Thank you. Hope you are doing well. connie

Susan said...

I love that poem! It would be funny, but it is all too true for how I am trying NOT to be!! Thanks for the motivation. Susan

TO BECOME said...

Dear Susan, you are welcome and thank you for the encouragement by coming by and visiting with me. Your comment is appreciated. connie

Unknown said...

Connie
I am so proud of you and your weight loss. It really enspires me to get on track.I am little more private with my weight loss. :) Pray that will change. You look great and thanks for sharing this poem.
Lisa

TO BECOME said...

Dear Lisa, that is so nice of you to say. I know that I have to try harder somehow. I sure will pray that you will do what you believe you need to do. I am really very private also but I thought if I tried it this way, it would do away with some of that old pride that keeps wanting to creep into my life and let other see more clearly that I am really just a sinner saved by grace who has faults and sins in my life but I don't want them there and I fight a battle each day to keep them away and live my life wholly for the Lord.Thank you Lisa, connie