I couldn't wait for a whole week to share with you what I have been learning AND have learned so far on this journey.
1) God will give me the victory if I will just learn His ways and follow in His paths.
2) He above all wants me to succeed in this journey.
3) I have to have, known boundaries in my life where my eating is concerned.
4) I have to realize that my limitations may be different and probably are, than those of others.
5) I have to depend on the Lord for my strength.
6) God has given me all that I need to succeed.
7) He has given me a great support system in my husband and all of you. Thank you!!
8) I need to learn more discipline in this area of my life.
9) I need to learn to be patient and to know that failing at times, does not make me a failure but " QUITTING." does.
10)I need to learn to be content with what ever happens when I have done my very
best. I can't see what is going on inside my body and what it may be doing to help me along the journey.
11)I need to be more thankful for the pounds that I do lose, and not waste time regretting those that I did not lose.
12)I need to be content with my efforts if they have been pleasing to God, whatever the results .
13)I need to remain consistant in my efforts, and not on one week and off another. If I want a break then take a break just don't eat like a pig when I do.
14)I need to not place undue pressure on myself over weighing, losses, gains, food preparation, etc.
15)I need to not be ashamed or afraid to ask for help when I do need it, which is
16) I should not weigh EVERY week or every few days. I need to weigh when I feel like it. One day can make a lot of
difference. I need to know that that 2 pounds may be the pickle or some other salty food that I ate the night before. It does not mean the world has come to an end and I am the biggest failure of all. It simply means that for some reason my body has chosen to retain more water than usual.
17) My first goal is to feel well and happy not frustrated and anxious over what I am
having on my diet. What ever God has given to me, then I will be content.
18) I refuse to think about food, meal preparation, diet, weight, etc. all the time. I will listen to good music, read an uplifting book, the Bible first of all, go for a walk in the sunshine, make a plan to show my husband that I love him in a special way.
19) I will relax and enjoy life and not make Food my god. I have the One and True God.
20) I will thank God each day for the victory He is giving to me, has given me in the past and wants to give me in the future, if I will have faith and trust Him. This too shall pass and even though for me, food will always be a problem or at least the way that I use food, it need not control me and my life.
I have started on the Rotation Diet. I have studied the book and I feel it may be just what I need. It is not so strict in the foods that you can eat and yet their is system to doing it. It gives you the food you need to eat and a big variety. Foods that I am familiar with along with guidelines and recipes to go along with the plan. I can see how it will work and it is a healthy diet for someone also with my health problems. I have come to understand that all of us are different and we need to find something that works for us.
I don't expect miracles, but I do expect progress as I do my part. I know that I still have much to learn and I will share with you if you are interested.
I have never heard much about this program before so it is very new to me. I have been on it for three days and I am very satisfied with the results.
When I get down to 200 pounds, I will post a new picture. connie
TODAY----I WISH YOU
I wish you a day of ordinary miracles--
A fresh pot of coffee you didn't have to make yourself.
An unexpected phone call from an old friend.
Green stoplights on your way to work or shop.
I wish you a day of little things to rejoice in....
The fastest line in the grocery store.
A good sing along song on the radio.
Your keys right where you look.
I wish you a day of happiness and perfection---
little bite-size pieces of perfection
that the Lord is smiling on you, holding you so gentle,
because you are someone special and rare.
I wish you a day of peace, Happiness and joy.
They say it takes a minute to find a special person,
an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them,
but then an entire life to forget them.
I'm sending this to you because you are
SPECIAL to me....
It's a short message to let you know
That I'm thinking of you today...
and that I appreciate OUR friendship
Today.... I wish you enough!!