Sunday, March 30, 2008

I WANNA BE A HEN

I wrote a post on my other blog once and I want to share a part of it with you.

Hard work means nothing to a hen. Regardless of what business prognosticators say about the price of eggs. . . . . . regardless of what others expect of her. . . . . . she keeps on digging worms and laying eggs.

If the ground get hard, she scratches harder.
If it's dry she digs deeper.
If it's wet , she digs where its dry.
If she strikes a rock, she digs around it.
If she gets a few more hours of daylight in the barnyard, she digs a few more hours.
Have you ever seen a pessimistic hen?
Have you ever seen a hen cackle in disgust at the prospect of her job?

Did you ever hear one cluck because the work was hard, the conditions were poor, and some of her eggs were taken from her before they hatched?

NO.

Hens save their breath for digging. They save their cackles for the eggs that are laid.
copied

I have decided that I want to be at least like the hen. Regardless of how hard it may get to get these pound off my body, I will just try all the harder. If something fails then I will try another way. If I get tired of no sugar then I will make up my mind that it want be forever, then when I get my eating emotions under control and can control my desires then I will be able to have something sweet and not let it rule me but be glad that a little will satisfy my need. If the pounds come off more slowly then I will add a little more activity and fewer calories to my diet. I will be determined 7 days a week, 24 hours a day and not just now and then. I will not feel jealous when my thin friend is able to eat all she wants and not gain an ounce. I will just be more determined to keep on trying until I succeed. I Will do my very best not to complain but be upbeat and cheerful about what I can eat. Most of all when things do not go like I think that they should have gone , I will be thankful to the Lord for all that He is doing through me and my trying to please Him.

I hope that you are encouraged in your trying and do not let Satan win even one battle that you have to fight. All it takes for him to win is for you to get discouraged and QUIT. We are not quitters anymore we will be victorious with the help that God so wants to give us. Do you want to be a hen or a quitter? I wanna be a hen? Can you hear me cackling? connie

8 comments:

Pam--in America said...

Cackle, Cackle... Cluck, Cluck, Cluck.
---Does that answer your question?!
Great post Connie!

TO BECOME said...

Dear Pam, Good answer, thank you. Have a wonderful day, connie

sparrow's song said...

I had to chuckle because I was just thinking the same thing...cluck, cluck.

Unfortunately, what I desire and what is can often be too different things. I have been a quitter and I don't like that side of myself when I see at times. I've given up and allowed the situation to just overtake me because I was discouraged. I suppose I was that chicken that crossed the road to get to the other side...but didn't make it. Gotta run faster next time.

I don't think anyone can eat what they want and get away with it forever. It catches up with all of us sooner or later and often in different aspects such as HP, diabetes, or cholesterol. The silent killers.

We just came back from taking the dog for a walk on this beautiful sunny afternoon. It feels good to be in control of ones life and there is a confidence/peace that comes with doing it right. God bless you in your endeavors to please Him with your life style choices.

TO BECOME said...

Dear Sparrow's Song, For most of my life, I have been a quiter in this area of my life. When thing after thing started going wrong with my health, I didn't didn't acknowledge that it was really a spiritual problem. I am no longer ignorant. I just wish that I would have understood this much sooner. I would no doubt have lived to be a very old lady, Lord willing but I know that the sin of eating more than was needful had cost me much in the years and a healthy body. Thank you, connie

Unknown said...

Connie
You look so good. I am so proud of you. I really need to get on track. I am thinking of joining weight watchers for the support part. Keep it up. Love ya Lisa

TO BECOME said...

Dear Lisa, thank you. That is an old picture, I hope to have another one shortly now. Lisa have you tried Spark People? If you are intrested click in the right sidebar on A Place for Help. It is all free. It has been a great help for me. A Missionary friend from Japan showed it to me. I will be forever grateful. You can go look it over and if you feel it would not be a help to you well that is fine also. I liked weight watchers but it is so expensive. I am pretty shy also. love you, connie

God bless you what ever you do.

Sis. Julie said...

Good post Sis!! Sorry I haven't been by your blogs lately. With moving and unpacking and then my monthly cycle hitting me hard...it has been tough. You and Bro. Jim have been in my prayers though. Love you!!

TO BECOME said...

Sis. Julie, so good to see you.I hope things are better for you now. I have not been able to go to many blogs lately either. It seems there is so much going on these days. Love you though and will see you soon. Thank you. connie