Tuesday, March 30, 2010

THINK RIGHT THOUGHTS OR THEY MAY BE WHAT YOU BECOME.




THINK RIGHT THOUGHTS

You know, I am always surprised at what I learn as I continue on this journey. I was looking through our family pictures today. They are from my birth until just a few days ago. I was shocked to find that except for 2 or 3 times in life that I have not really been fat. That really shocked me!!! I have always thought I was fat from conception, I think. haha. But the first time I was really fat, I had had two children within fifteen months and with each one,I gained and gained. So by the time my fourth son was here, I had lost over a hundred pounds. But as time went by, I still felt fat.

In my mind, I kept hearing sisters, friends say that little jingle, "fatty, fatty, two by four can't get through the kitchen door. Somewhere in my brain that was how I saw me. But today, I saw for maybe the first time that it was has not been true most of my life.

This last time that I gained back up to where I was after I had my first two children was not all my fault. I had developed gout. To they gave me steroids for it. I had it about every six weeks for a whole year. Gout is one of the most painful things that I have ever had. I could do nothing but sit for almost that whole year. The steroids just made me want to eat. So, I ate. I hate how I looked and kept remembering, "Fatty, Fatty, two by four, can't get through the front door. I couldn't breath well, had a hard time walking any distance at all, couldn't even cross my legs. Yes, I was that "Fatty." The fact is, no matter what excuse I try to make, it was "me" who put each bite of food into my mouth.

PHILIPPIANS: 4:15

FINALLY, BRETHREN, WHATSOEVER THINGS ARE TRUE, WHATSOEVER THINGS ARE HONEST, WHOSOEVER THINGS ARE JUST, WHATSOEVER THINGS ARE PURE, WHATSOEVER THINGS ARE LOVELY, WHATSOEVER THINGS ARE OF GOOD REPORT; IF THERE BE ANY VIRTUE, AND IF THERE BE ANY PRAISE, THINK ON THESE THINGS.

I have used this verse many times in my Christian life but until today did I realize that it also applies to these "thoughts" also. So, as I continue on this journey from this day forward, I will try to examine and see what is true, and then be truly honest with myself. If my thoughts are honest then they will be pure and lovely. I want my life to be of "Good report," even about how I look and how I behave myself with the matter of food.I want to be commendable in how I control myself where food is concerned. These are the things that I will "THINK" on from now on, when I am thinking. Gone is that fatty and here to stay is one who is trying and even though, I may fail at times, I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!

So, dear friend, are you letting "THOUGHTS" control you life. If so let it be the kind of thoughts that God would want us to have. Good thoughts, honest thought,Just and pure thoughts, Let us make them lovely thoughts that will bring a good report about our character. Yes, let us think on these things. connie

No comments: